Vallair’s expanding operation requires additional team members to join its truly multi-cultural multi-continent operations and is looking for Sales and Trading professionals to join full time positions in a growing company to support and work with internal and external clients. We have a dynamic and positive work atmosphere with a high degree of professionalism and team ethic. Salary will be according to qualifications, experience, contribution you can make and references.
Vallair is seeking experienced purchasing and procurement individuals to join our Sales and Trading Team in order to further develop and grow our expanding business. We are looking for a motivated and ambitious individual with a high degree of ethical standards who are willing to learn or contribute to our operations. The successful applicant must be well organised, a team player, commercially orientated and have good interpersonal skills, good communication ability and a willingness to adapt to the ever changing aviation industry.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
· Supporting requests for Aircraft and Engine project teams for materials, services and repairs, for our internal & external workshops and MRO facilities;
· Executing requests for quotation processes and cost structure analysis;
· Executing Order placement, expediting until reception/acceptance of parts;
· Providing commercial cost analysis, identifying cost saving potentials;
· Supporting the project teams with the research and selection of suppliers and allocation of parts;
· Negotiating prices, terms and conditions with suppliers;
· Managing vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships;
· Actively looking for trading opportunities and working with our trading partners to service their needs;
· Proactively seek ways to reduce spend on the procurement of aircraft parts for our clients;
· Assist Directors in evaluating RFP’s and Inventory packages;
· Organize and attend supplier meetings including travel to supplier sites as required;
· Monitor market trends and developments to ensure company’s stock portfolio is kept up to date and as profitable as possible;
· Maintain accurate procedures and processes within the Purchasing Department to ensure continued process improvement, accuracy and efficiency;
· Ensure compliance with both internal and external legislative and regulatory requirements;
· Assist Directors and undertake other duties as required (sales, administrative).
To be considered for the role you must:
Experience: Have a minimum of 3 years professional purchasing experience ideally in a time critical environment, preferably in aviation and aircraft MRO and workshops.
Languages: English, French and other languages
Education: University Degree
IT: MS Office Excel and Word. A knowledge and experience in using ERP systems such as Quantum, Mercator and AD Software
Personality: Well-structured, flexible and able to work under pressure
Friendly, polite, proactive, self-initiative & result-oriented team player
Accuracy, confidentiality and trustworthiness
Sense of humour and a natural ability to communicate within a team